News & Updates

Updates from Facebook

Arque Consulting

The partners of Arque Consulting each have over thirty years experience in accountancy, having worked in practise and commerce before establishing their own business offering a full range of accounting and taxation advice incuding accounts preparation, book-keeping, business and management consulting, payroll and VAT returns. We are located in the South East of England and our client base of over three hundred consist of sole traders, partnerships, small and medium sized businesses spread throughout the United Kingdom and Europe. We provide a friendly but professional service, using the most modern technology and software available to assist our clients. For a free, no obligation meeting to discuss how we can help you or your business, please click on the 'Contact Us' button above. We look forward to hearing from you…
Arque Consulting
Arque ConsultingFriday, May 18th, 2018 at 2:54am
If you have any benefits in kind, such as company cars or healthcare, to declare, we need this information by 5th July 2018. Don't delay!
Arque Consulting
Arque ConsultingWednesday, March 14th, 2018 at 4:57am
Coming up to the personal tax year end. Be ready for our letter requesting your tax information for that year in the middle of April 2018
Arque Consulting
Arque ConsultingThursday, August 24th, 2017 at 6:23am
Did you know that the corporation tax rate went down on 1st April 2017 to 19%?
Arque Consulting
Arque ConsultingWednesday, August 2nd, 2017 at 3:36am
Remember you need to get your information to us for your personla tax returns no later than 1st October 2017 please.
Arque Consulting
Arque ConsultingTuesday, April 18th, 2017 at 2:38am
When it comes to declaring pension income, should you do so as a gross or net amount?

The simple answer to this is that you must declare the gross amount of the income you receive from both state and private pensions.

Non-state pensions are usually taxed through PAYE, so you’ll also be asked to enter any tax that’s already been deducted.
Arque Consulting
Arque ConsultingThursday, April 13th, 2017 at 9:37pm
Here's a question we've been asked before:

I'm not liable for income tax, but HMRC is trying to fine me for not filing a tax return. Why is this?

Our answer is: As soon as you receive the request from HMRC to file a tax return, you have a legal obligation to do so – and your income tax liability doesn't have an impact on this.

So for example if last year you filled out a return and had to pay tax, then this year you will most likely need to fill out a a tax return again. HMRC assumes you've still earned untaxed income or gains. You'll need to prove your income or lack of it through your tax return.

Late filing can result in fines: £100 for missing the deadline, and £10 per day for a maximum of 90 days.
Get In Touch


Ouch! There was a server error.
Retry »

Sending message...

Please complete the form below and we will be in touch soon